It has been said that the creation of hybrid devices is one of the promising directions in the development of modern technology. Attempts to produce the perfect representatives of this direction have every electronics company, but consumers do not agree with the arguments of the companies, so the search for optimal solutions is still underway. For example, Apple has a patent application that describes a “thin” portable dock made of aluminum, looks like a MacBook. Accessory turns into a full-fledged laptop when you install it the iPhone or iPad.
The docking station includes almost all necessary equipment laptop keyboard, graphics card, ports set, full dynamics, etc., but it can’t work without an iPhone or iPad, which act as computing platform. In the first embodiment, the smartphone also acts as the trackpad in the second version of the tablet uses a touch screen.
Whether the patent is implemented in the near future, not yet known, but given the existing Apple experience (smart covers for iPad, consisting of a keyboard and stand for tablet) and the recent advertising campaigns that have positioned the iPad as a replacement laptop, a docking station has all chances to appear on the market. That’s just as OS is likely to be iOS, not macOS.
- Apple bought the app to automate Workflow
- Apple has patented a docking station in laptop for iPhone and iPad
- Apple denies the allegations of hacking iCloud, despite evidence from hackers
- The network got the information about the design of the iPhone 8
- The iPhone 7 in new color and updated iPhone SE (5 photos)