Android Go is not a new version of Android
At the conference for developers I/O 2017 Google announced a new initiative for the production of available devices running Android is Android Go. The company announced that it is the symbiosis of optimized operating system, applications and services Google Play, is designed to work on devices with RAM of about 1 GB. Due to lack of information, many have decided that it is a replacement for the Android One, or a special version of Android. Google Vice President of product management for Android and Google Play Sameer Samat decided to clarify the situation.
According to Samir Samat, Android Go is not a replacement for the Android One, or a separate version of Android. This is the configuration that OEMs can use to create smartphones with 1GB or less RAM. It allows you to disable some resource intensive functions, includes a pre-installed special versions of some Google apps with a reduced consumption of resources and promoting similar third-party applications.
Thus, when creating a budget device with a small amount of RAM the manufacturer can use Android Go to ensure the smooth operation of the system. While content creators do not need to write separate versions of apps to work on such devices.
It is possible that the efforts of third-party Android developers Go will be available on more expensive devices.
- For Clash of Clans has released the largest ever update
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Active will differ significantly from original S8
- Android Pay came to Russia
- Review What Remains of Edith Finch — tour of house of the dead
- Nokia 9 topped the ranking of the most powerful Android smartphones in the Geekbench
- Insides #962: M5C Meizu, Moto Play Z2, Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017), Ulefone Gemini Pro