Apple announced a complete redesign of the App Store
Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior Vice President of marketing at Apple, in the framework of the WWDC 2017 and premiere iOS 11 said that weekly App Store has more than 500 million people who for all time downloaded 180 billion apps, excluding updates and re-downloads. The company decided that it is time to completely rethink the App Store, but because the scene was presented entirely new and optimized App store.
The entire store is divided into several thematic tabs, which apps, games and other content will be presented in the form of large colourful cards with the name. In the Today tab, users will see fresh and up to date innovations, for example, the game Monument Valley 2.
Games and applications were divided for the convenience of users and moved to a separate tab of the same name.
App Store now contains thematic guides, stories of Apple developers, as well as thematic cards “app of the day”, “Game day”, “Rating days”. Was offered some new features for developers, for example, the phase update of the application. An important innovation for everyday users – the opportunity to make an in-app purchase and buy the DLC directly through the App Store. Currently, such actions are available only within the application or game.
Updated App Store will be available only on devices with iOS 11.
- Apple introduced the iMac Pro and the updated MacBook and iMac
- The sequel to the cult Monument Valley debuted on iOS
- Apple iPad Pro 10.5 has become the most powerful tablet of the company
- Insides #975: Mi6X Xiaomi, OnePlus 5, Leagoo M5 Edge, Amazon Ice Phone
- Apple HomePod music smart column with support for Siri
- Interior Samsung TV Frame TV (32 photos + video)