For many Housewives , the microwave remains material on hand for cooking or Express defrost from the freezer. And really – classical microwaves (the so-called “solo”), working only with the use of microwaves, many functions are simply not designed.
If You ever cook any (even the most simple) dish in a conventional microwave oven, then You probably already know how this thankless task. The chances of success are quite small (the result is usually very different from expected), and scrubbing the inside of the device in case of failure – consequences of cooking – takes too much time and effort.
Thus, the classic microwave oven is simply a large mono-functional Cabinet for warming up. Is this rational? – Not at all. And for small kitchens in which to place a sufficient number of home helpers of nowhere, and completely wasteful.
To extend the functionality of the microwave and make them more attractive to the Housewives, the producers equipped with a microwave oven the new chips – grill and convection. With their help, the range of possibilities has multiplied microwave, and cooking it has become much easier.
What is convection? In fact, this thermal fan, generally located on the rear wall the microwave oven. On the shoulders of convection is entrusted with the function of pumping and circulation of hot air inside the oven, without which to achieve uniform roasting of various dishes extremely difficult.
The advantages of convection mode
From school physics course we remember that hot air is lighter than cold, and as a result, tends to concentrate in the upper part of the specified area. Therefore, no special tricks to achieve a uniform temperature over the entire area of this space is not possible.
This effect is well observed in an oven and a microwave oven in the same, when one part of the dish may have to burn (in the oven usually “burns” on the bottom, and microwave the top), and the second to be treacherously wet. In this case, the convection comes to help us forcibly dispensing a flow of hot air.
The list of dishes, which perfectly does microwave oven with convection feature, wide enough. It is already possible to cook everything from baked meat, fish and vegetables to soups, side dishes and homemade pastries. By the way, baking is not worse than in a regular oven, and for most Housewives, it is fundamentally important.
Another important advantage is the speed of cooking. Compared to classic cooking (on the hob or in the oven), dishes in the microwave are almost 2 times faster. Agree, today it is very important and resources are allocated more rationally, and cooking time takes less.
Besides, a small (relative to the same oven), the volume of the microwave allows you to cook small portions. If You are expecting guests and You just have to cook dinner for the family, use this microwave oven with convection is much easier, faster and more economical.
Most modern microwave ovens are equipped with convector grill “default”, and also have many preset cooking programs. It is convenient to bother with time setting and temperature. Enough to prepare the foods, put them in the microwave in a suitable dish and press the appropriate button. Everything else the device will do on their own, without “standing over the shoulder.”
How to use convection mode
- To ensure uniform cooking on all sides and to create a so-called three-dimensional effect, use a special stand on legs in the form of a lattice. Usually they are equipped with microwave ovens with convection. This will allow preparing the Goodies faster and more evenly.
- Be sure to use heat-resistant dishes of glass, ceramic, clay or silicone. The convection mode in microwave “sprints” to 200⁰С, therefore, to put products, out of habit, heat-resistant plastic is impossible.
- To give the dish a crispy Golden brown, use a combined mode with a grill. By the way, the combination of grill and convection allows you to reduce the cooking time by about 15-20 minutes.
- If You’re cooking a pie or a cake, to bake cakes better than one, but not entirely all the dough. This applies to any meals that you can prepare a portion – the smaller the volume of products, the faster and more evenly they will be baked.
Many Housewives are wondering – can a microwave with convector completely replace the oven? To replace, most likely, will not replace, but definitely a decent alternative will be offered. Especially if Your kitchen is small and place it in a spacious oven simply is not possible.
It can be assumed that the small usable volume of a microwave oven is a minus, but actually this judgment is very individual. For small families it is rather a plus – it is optimal to prepare food in small portions, consumption of electricity is more reasonable and moreover, the device occupies less space.
The main feature of these microwaves is the versatility and speed that the modern pace of life valued highly enough. And the only drawback convection microwave ovens – a high cost. If it is, of course, can be called a disadvantage when opportunities are offered along with the device.
Interesting material on the subject:
- Startup of the week from Hello: WT2 — Bluetooth headset, in real time, translates the speech of the interlocutor
- Self-winding mechanical watches: how to make
- Robot vacuum cleaner — a true helper for cleaning
- Style and convenience: partially embedded dishwasher
- Top 10 apps for iOS and Android (18-24 September)