Discovered the genes responsible for the sensitivity to the magnetic field of the Earth
People have long noticed that many animals, fish and insects can navigate the terrain and ‘feel’ the Earth’s magnetic field. In other words, they have something like “the embedded nature of the compass”. It is logical to assume that this ability in some species the genetic level. And recently, scientists from the University of Baltimore was able to detect the corresponding sequence in the genome of glass catfish (Kryptopterus bicirrhis). Moreover, the introduction of genetic material into the brains of other animals gave them the same “inner compass”.
- The Central Bank began to study the possibility of creating a national cryptocurrency
- Amazon patented label-parachutes
- What is the “Cloud of Siberia” and “energy of the future”?
- Impact resistant BQ-5033 Shark went on sale in Russia
- “Samurai shodown — warrior’s way”: an atmospheric fighting game with multiplayer mode
- The second smartphone from the Creator of Android promises to be even more amazing