After two months of testing, OnePlus began sending the owners of smartphones last year’s 3 and 3T firmware 5.0 OxygenOS based on Android operating system 8.0 Oreo. As usual, the update is sent in phases so it may take several days or even weeks until all the owners of the above vehicles will receive a notification that an update is available.
Systemic changes in OxygenOS 5.0:
- the update to Android 8.0 Oreo;
- the ability to run in parallel two copies of the same application;
- mode “picture in picture”;
- the function of “smart” autocomplete text;
- smart text selection (addresses, phones, etc.);
- new design of quick settings;
- September security patch.
Changes in the launcher:
- support for “badges” of notifications on the app icons;
- new design folders.
- the ability to upload photos directly to a Shot on the OnePlus.
If you have not received a notification that an update is available, go to “About device” and check manually. Owners of OnePlus 5 and 5T will receive this update early next year.