Essential Phone — frameless modular smartphone from Andy Rubin
Creator of Android Andy Rubin has unveiled its first smartphone, which was named Essential Phone.
As predicted by most insiders, the new product has got edge-to-edge screen support modules. The casing is made of titanium, and the rear panel is ceramic. Of 5.71-inch display covered with protective glass Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Dimensions of new items is 141,5×71,1×7.8 mm, and weighs 185 g.
Essential Phone received of 5.71-inch display with a resolution of 2560×1312 pixels, 8-core Snapdragon chip 835 with a clock frequency of 2.45 GHz, graphics Adreno 540, 4 GB RAM and 128 GB of permanent flash memory UFS 2.1, dual-core 13-megapixel camera with phase and laser autofokusem, aperture f/1.85, an 8-megapixel front camera with aperture of f/2.2 and the possibility of 4K video recording and battery capacity of 3040 mAh battery that supports fast charging.
In addition, the smartphone has a USB Type-C, support 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, 802.11 ac Wi-Fi with MIMO and NFC. The novelty is running “pure” Android version 7.0. Essential Phone available in multiple color options: gloss black, matte black, white, turquoise.
The first module that can be connected to a smartphone is the camera, which represents the smallest 360-degree camera in the world. Its dimensions are 67×32×12 mm, and weighs only 35 g. the camera uses two 12-megapixel sensor with wide angle lenses with a viewing angle of 210 degrees each. The camera can shoot spherical videos in 4K resolution at 30 frames per second, and with four individual microphones capable of recording surround sound.
The cost of Essential Phone is $699, complete with a 360-degree camera, it will cost $749, if purchased separately, it will have to pay $99.
- AMD announced processors Ryzen Threadripper and platform X399
- Top 20 best smart watches and fitness trackers 2017
- Vulnerability in the NTFS file system causes the system to hang computers
- Ukrainian customs does not pass the parcel with the technique of Xiaomi, bought in foreign online stores
- SBU conducts a search in the Odessa and Kiev offices of the company “Yandex.Ukraine”
- It is expected that by 2025, electric cars will become more affordable petrol models