The FAS ordered the “big four” modify unreasonable international roaming charges
The Federal Antimonopoly service issued a warning to the four mobile operators: OJSC “VimpelCom”, JSC “MTS”, OJSC “MegaFon” and “T2 mobile”. The FAS of Russia has established signs of infringement of item 6 of part 1 of article 10 of the “Law on protection of competition”. In particular, the operators were charged with establishing and maintaining different tariffs for cellular services in the home region and travel to Russia. We will remind that the State Duma has registered a bill to abolish national roaming. We asked the expertto find out what this could mean for the ordinary subscribers and what they should prepare.
As of today, the above mentioned operators offer their clients four categories of tariff proposals:
- The most expensive tariffs without any surcharges when you travel outside your home area, if they do not exceed included in the package. They include a certain number of minutes, SMS and Internet traffic.
- Further, there are tariff plans middle price segment. In them the amount of minutes, SMS and Internet traffic is valid only within the home area, and when you travel abroad communication services are billed according to basic rates.
- In the third category, the tariffs are time payment for volume of services rendered, including when you travel outside your home area.
- The fourth category of tariffs offers users special plug-in services that provide for additional monthly fee the opportunity to obtain telecommunications services at prices home region.
While the more expensive data plan, the less its user the difference in tariffs for cellular services in the home region and beyond. After the analysis of price offers and conditions of the technical organization of rendering of communication services the FAS Russia established that these actions on the part of operators is neither economically nor technologically justified.
So, listed four mobile operators should revise tariffs for Telecom services in the travel and make changes, eliminating the unjustified price difference. Operators must change the conditions of tariff plans within 14 days of receipt of the warning, notifying the subscribers about such changes in the manner prescribed by law, for 10 days prior to the introduction of new conditions.
- The developers of Media Player Classic announced the “death” of the player
- Fitness tracker Cubot S1 will participate in the flash sale
- The Chelyabinsk student has created a mobile game based on S. T. A. L. K. E. R.
- The Xiaomi explained the long absence of mnogokanalnosti in MIUI