Last autumn, Google launched a virtual reality platform the VR Daydream. Unfortunately, it is not available to all, as the company pushes for devices with very stringent requirements. Among the compatible smartphones are now specified Pixel, Pixel XL, Moto Z-Moto Z-Force, ASUS ZenFone AR, ZTE Axon 7, Huawei Mate 9 9 Pro Mate and Porsche Design. In Google they saythat to work with Daydream VR need a corresponding graphics accelerator, Android N and OLED display. However, the openness of the Android operating system allows to overcome these limitations and to dive into the world of virtual reality with VR Daydream with almost any Android smartphone.
To make an unsupported smartphone to work with Daydream VR in that case, if it works on Android 7.0 and it obtained root access. If these requirements are met, then you need to install on your device the latest version of Daydream, services Google VR and Root Explorer. If you don’t know how to root and never done it, we strongly do not recommend trying to do it, as the smartphone will lose warranty, and the responsibility for any action will lie to you.
After installing the above applications, perform the following steps:
- Locate the device file handheld_core_hardware.xml (/system/etc/permissions/) and go to edit;
- Navigate to Root Permissions and add the tag .
- Restart the device.
- Launch the app Daydream and place the smartphone into a VR headset.
Note that you will also need a headset virtual reality Daydream View.
- Column LG X-Boom FH2 created specifically for travel
- Google passes Apple in the rating of most valuable world brands
- Discounts on apps and games for Android: 2 Feb
- Audio system Sony MHC-V77DW with lighting and splash-proof, presented in Russia
- 7.1.2 Android will bring on the Nexus 5X 6P and one of the exclusive features of “pixels”