How to clean air conditioner: tips
When purchasing a conditioner, we want it to for many years served us faithfully, but it is worth considering that the air conditioner will work properly for years to come, and will not fail at the most inopportune moment, only if you provide him with adequate care. Over time, the filters of the air conditioner heavily contaminated, which leads to blockage of air. As a result, in climatic technique begin to breed bacteria and clogged with dust and dirt elements of the air conditioner much faster fail. In this article we will tell you how to clean the air on their own.
- Signs of a dirty air conditioning
- Cleaning the filter
- How to clean the heat exchanger
- The purification method of the outdoor unit
- The results
Signs of a dirty air conditioning
All models of air conditioners equipped with a powerful system of filtering that allows to efficiently clean the air entering the room from the street. Blockage of this system leads to reduced performance of the air conditioner and increases its consumption, which in the future could adversely affect operating time of the device.
These unpleasant consequences can be avoided if you do not forget to regularly conduct preventive measures for cleaning the indoor and outdoor unit of the air conditioner. Cleaning should be done at least 2 times a year: before operating the air conditioner in the spring and in the fall, before the transition mode of the season.
Taking care of air conditioning, you extend its “life” and will help the device to fully develop the resource, which ranges from 7 to 12 years.
Signs of a dirty air conditioner:
- the emergence of foreign odors;
- the appearance of the strange sounds;
- drop power;
- increased energy costs.
Cleaning the filter
If you decide to clean air, start by cleaning its filter. This element protects the facility and some elements of conditioning and is one of the most vulnerable parts, so needs regular grooming.
The filter is located behind the front panel of a split system and looks like fine mesh.
- Turn off the air conditioning, grab hold with both hands the upper panel and gently, slowly, pull it towards you and up at the same time.
- Removing the cover, you will see the filter. It needs to be removed from the indoor unit. To do this, lift the filter at the bottom and gently pull.
- The filter should be thoroughly washed. This can be done under running water with the use of any non-corrosive antiseptic, or without it. After this, the filter must dry well.
Please note that the air conditioning filters can be of two types: mesh pocket. The main difference between filters is that they can be repeatedly washed and dried in any convenient manner, while the pocket — not. If your air conditioner started to work less, and uses a pocket filter, it will have to be completely replaced.
If your air conditioning system emit an unpleasant musty odor, you can use a special tool to clean the air conditioner, which is designed to disinfect and kill all bacteria. Turn the air conditioner on the lowest temperature and spray means so that droplets with a stream of air is trapped inside. The filter from the air conditioner must be removed. After this procedure, the unpleasant smell should disappear.
When the filter is completely dry, insert it back into the split system and close the cover.
How to clean the heat exchanger
Another important element of the air conditioner, which needs to be regularly cleaned is a heat exchanger. The radiator and heat exchanger installed either in a single module of the air conditioner or the indoor unit of a split system. Full cleaning of air conditioning systems is usually carried out by the specialists of the service center, removing and completely disassembling the unit. This procedure is not cheap, because it is more profitable to periodically surface cleaning system at home or in the office.
- Remove the front cover of the air conditioner.
- Remove the filter screen.
- Perform dry cleaning with a vacuum cleaner or a brush with long fibers. To prevent damage to the plate evaporator, carry out all movements strictly from the top down.
- Remove mud film of a steam cleaner.
- Put the AC in recirculation mode at the lowest temperature.
- In the suction area of the air masses antiseptic spray, but make sure he doesn’t hit the radiator.
To thin plates of the heat exchanger was not going to a lot of dust, and the cleaning process was as fast as possible, conduct a dry-cleaning every month.
The purification method of the outdoor unit
Cleaning the outdoor unit of the air conditioner is necessary to make one or two times a year. This element of the climate system accumulates a large amount of dirt, dust, leaves, branches of trees, poplar fluff etc. If not clean the outside unit of the air conditioner, the debris will accumulate, causing overheating of the compressor and the radiator, which can lead to breakage of these parts.
It is worth noting that to access external unit, usually quite difficult. Despite the fact that the unit is installed next to the window or on the outside balcony, it is not always possible to wash efficiently without the use of additional equipment and insurance.
If you are not able to fully protect your life, don’t take the risk and leave it to the professionals.
If you managed to access the external unit, perform the following steps:
- Disconnect the device from the network.
- Remove from the body all the branches, leaves and sweep up the debris.
- Remove the protective cover and clean the unit from large debris inside.
- Wash fan blades with a damp sponge.
- Flush the radiator with water pressure or with steam, but keep the moisture got in the electrical module.
Cleaning of air conditioning at home you can perform using various household detergents. Alternatively, you can use ordinary soap — it cleans any surface, even from stubborn fat stains.
Now you know how you can clean the air, thereby extending its life. Try to regularly clean all elements of the climate system, located both inside and outside. Spending time all of the above procedures, you will ensure the reliable operation of conditioning, and he for many years will delight you cool.
- 10 best music apps for Android
- Startup of the week from Hello: Wiral LITE — managed gimbal for shooting video
- The battery life of your BlackBerry smartphone Motion is about 32 hours
- Motorola has announced Moto Mod smart column with a voice assistant Alexa