Microsoft has removed the mobile versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint from the Windows Store for PC
Earlier this year there appeared the information that Microsoft intends to add a signature package of office applications in the Windows store. On this, as it is expected, will be announced may 2 at the BUILD developer conference in 2017, where will be presented the cloud-based version of Windows 10. To avoid confusion, the company decided to disable the mobile version of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on all devices except smartphones. These applications had limited features compared to the full versions for the PC, but suited to perform the most basic tasks for working with text, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Previously Office Mobile was available for smartphones, tablets and personal computers. Now the owners of tablets and personal computers can find these apps in the Windows Store only via direct links, but a search or a list of all of the Microsoft applications they are no longer available.
- Computer from dirt and sticks: 35 years of the legendary ZX Spectrum
- There is a choice: how to fall asleep quickly and Wake up fresh
- uTorrent will learn to work through the browser
- Sony will no longer release a test build of Android
- Windows 10 Cloud will require a Quad core processor and 4 GB of RAM
- The Moto smartphone will be shipped with sheath ZUK ZUI