Microsoft Surface Laptop revealed the reason for the refusal of the USB Type-C
Recently, Microsoft introduced a laptop Surface Laptop running the new Windows 10’s. The model focused primarily on the educational segment, positioned as an alternative chamboko. Microsoft Surface Laptop got an SD card slot, USB 3.0 port, Mini display port and a 3.5 mm audio Jack, but for USB Type-C somehow was not. Meanwhile, the head of Microsoft Surface Engineering Pete Cyriacus in an interview with the resource The Verge, decided to explain the reason for this decision.
Pete Cyriacus believes that the emergence of USB Type-C can cause some difficulties from the standpoint of ease of use. Moreover, he is confident that these standards can and do cause the user confusion. Kyriakou said that the cables look the same, but provide different capabilities. The head of the Microsoft Surface Engeneering explains that due to carelessness of the user can connect the wrong cable can lead to breakage of the device, and his failure guilt and responsibility will shift to Microsoft.
Interestingly, in one of the promotional videos of the prototype Surface Laptop included USB Type-C. it is possible that the development of new versions of the model, the manufacturer may review its position on this interface.
- What to buy for ASUS ZenFone Max (2016)
- Periscope launches 360-degree live stream by Android
- Review Shock Tactics: XCOM for 300 rubles
- Presale Vernee Thor E: chance to get Vernee smartphone with a large battery 5020mAh for only $9.99!
- My garden: 1001 idea how to equip it and transform. Part 2
- [for publicity] Action: Oukitel K6000 Plus smartphone for only $169.99