Nintendo is confident that the Switch will overtake Wii U sales during the year
Nintendo has provided a full report for the past fiscal year, which ended March 31, thanks to which became known the exact sales figures of hybrid Switch console and games for it. According to Nintendo, the new console has sold 2.74 million copies. An impressive result, especially for such a short period. But that’s practically nothing compared with what the company predicted.
By the end of this year Nintendo plans to sell 10 million consoles Switch, and about 13 million – until next April. Interestingly, in this area are now total sales for the Wii U, the previous Nintendo. While successful the Wii has sold around the world sold over 100 million boxes, the proportion of Wii U is only 14 million copies. That is just a year Switch can achieve the result to which its predecessor took five years.
Nintendo also shared the sales figures of games for its new console. The company managed to sell of 5.46 million games for the Switch. Of course, a large proportion came in the blockbuster The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The new adventures of Link has sold 3.84 million copies: 2.76 million copies for a Switch and a little over 1 million for Wii U.
- Transformer tablet Acer Switch 5 is equipped with a water cooling system
- The price and features Moto E4 and E4 Plus leaked online ahead of the release
- ZX Spectrum Next — reincarnation of a legend (3 photos + video)
- By 2020, Uber plans to start testing a “flying taxi”
- Linux CLI Launcher — launcher for Android, which will appeal to programmers
- Hats and glasses SH+ for cyclists