Jeep T18: why smartphone external camera?
Recently, the company Lenovo introduced a secure mobile T18. He received a 4.7-inch HD display, 3 GB of RAM and a built-in hard drive 32 GB. Also, the device is capable of withstanding prolonged immersion in water, shock, drop and extreme temperatures. On the background of numerous competitors T18 stands out in the mode of the radio and presence of the external camera. The latter connects to the smartphone via cable. Why it is needed and how it works — manufacturer showed in the video. Recall, the Jeep T18 has already gone on sale.
In the published video, the company showed the package of smartphone and its key functions such as protection by using the fingerprint scanner, the ability to operate the device with gloves on and sending out the SOS signal. Also, the Lenovo representative demonstrated the work of the external camera. It connects to the connector on the back of the phone with a long cable. It can be clipped on clothes for video surveillance systems that will be useful for employees of special services. In addition, T18, you can connect an antenna and use the device as a walkie-talkie operating in the range of 144-148 MHz and 430-440 MHz distance up to 5 kilometers.
Technical characteristics Explay T18:
- 4.7-inch HD display, covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 3;
- Quad-core MediaTek processor MT6737T 1.5 GHz;
- 3 GB RAM;
- 32 GB of internal memory;
- 8-megapixel main camera;
- A 2-megapixel front camera;
- the battery capacity of 5 200 mAh;
- two slots for SIM-cards;
- support 4G LTE;
- the fingerprint scanner on the side face;
- protection against water according to the IP68 standard;
- the conformity military standard of durability MIL-STD-810G;
- Android 7.0 Nougat;
- optional: NFC, SOS button, the operation mode of the radio, external camera.