Presents “heart on a chip” to develop and test drugs
large-scale clinical studies of new drugs, as a rule, are accompanied by a host of difficulties. And even after passing the laboratory tests and animal experiments, human trials do not guarantee 100% safety for the volunteers. To solve this problem called “organs on a chip” — devices that mimic the operation of human organs. One such device was recently presented by scientists from National laboratory of Lawrence. They created a “heart on a chip”.
- After defeating Facebook company ZeniMax has decided to sue Samsung
- NASA is holding a contest to 3D print houses for the other planets
- General Atomics conducted the first firing guided projectiles from a railgun cannon
- Astronomers have discovered a giant planet out of “foam”
- Startup Solar E-Cycle started testing velomobiles solar
- Japanese scientists have unraveled the secret of ladybugs