Qualcomm showed how to charge electric cars while driving
The American company Qualcomm has presented its technology for dynamic electric vehicle charging called the Dynamic Electric Vehicle Charging or Qualcomm DEVC.
What it is
Developed technology transmits up to 20 kW of power created by the development Qualcomm Halo and allows you to charge electric cars while driving.
How it works
For such wireless charging partner Qualcomm, the company Vedecom, built a special hundred-meter track with a built in floor charger. After this test was successfully conducted in two cars, and then charge them at the same time.
This development company Vedecom under the supervision of Qualcomm deals 2014. The project is called Fabric, and it has already invested 9 million euros. What will happen with the project and where it will lead is unknown.
What to expect
To charge thus electric cars, for every road must stand similar devices. And if the project will continue to work to reduce the charging mechanism, it is quite possible that in the future electric cars will get charged with the development of Qualcomm and not worry about the stock batteries.
- Global HMD presented the Nokia smartphones in Ukraine
- VKontakte Ukraine: the entrance is closed. Long live the front!
- Tim cook is testing the sugar level tracker for the Apple Watch
- Xiaomi has released headphones with USB Type-C for Mi 6 not only
- The controversy surrounding the potential habitability of the planet Proxima b continue
- HTC and Lenovo are working on VR helmets, or the PC and smartphones