Style and convenience: partially embedded dishwasher
Sometimes we don’t even notice how much time we take doing the routine: cleaning, washing, cooking and, in the end, washing dishes. It would seem – well, what is there to wash the dishes after a family dinner? 10-15 minutes? Kind of quick and not so tiring.
But scientists with his statistics paints a less rosy picture. According to their statements, for the year of the woman (which is what women most often do this task), the average family wash up to 5 tons of dishes, spending about two hours a week. In simple math for the month accumulates 8 hours, and this, for a moment, a day.
Do You have any ideas on how to more efficiently dispose of almost one light day per month? If the answer is Yes, then a dishwasher is the must-have, which will help save time. Along with the resources (quite expensive, by the way) and a couple of tubes of hand cream.
Today’s “nail of program” – partially built-in dishwashers. What they can do, what are their advantages compared to the freestanding counterparts and what you should pay attention before purchase? This is what we will cover in our review.
The advantages and functionality
First heard the term “partially embedded dishwasher”, many are asking what it means partially embedded? The answer is simple. The device is embedded almost completely, but the control panel on the facade is left open.
Fully recessed models are usually controlled by buttons that are in the upper end of the door. But the option with “front” location, of course, more convenient: easier to control (most models with open governance have smaller display screens) and, if necessary, the mode can be corrected.
By the way, in the kitchen, such a decision is very advantageous not only in modern interiors (in the style of hi-tech, loft or kitchen, designed in the spirit of minimalism), but in the more classic areas, like modern, country or even the pompous Empire style. This is achieved due to the fact that the main part of the dishwasher is closed by the cover under the tone of the facades of furniture, and the open bar does not prevent a holistic interior.
As “under the gun” today it got partially embedded dishwasher, the first thing is to understand what they are better separate. Built-in appliances are typically more compact than an independent, because for embedding in the kitchen she doesn’t need a massive case – it will “hide” in the Cabinet under the countertop. For stylish small kitchens is a great solution!
Due to the fact that built-in appliances will be in the fact that neither is close contact with the “neighbors” (cabinets or other built-in appliances), such models are more quiet and with less vibration. Therefore, during operation of the dishwasher, the countertop will not be “dance” and shake.
Otherwise, standalone and embedded models are very similar, and the functionality and modes of operation. Any model of the dishwasher usually has 5-6 preset programs, which is plenty for daily use for all dishes and any degree of contamination. Although some representatives of the number of modes reaches 8-12, but, frankly, are not used all of its features.
- Standard – great for everyday use and even cope with significant contaminations.
- Economical – fighting for purity with the same success as the standard, but savings are achieved by reducing the temperature of water (up to about 50⁰С) and increase work time. Typically, such a program is used at night when the cost of kilowatt of electricity is cheaper.
- Express program – the antithesis eco mode: the wash time is shortened by increasing the temperature of the water.
- Intensive wash – a masterful cope with the laundering pots and pans or cookware with dried-on remnants of food.
- Mode pre-soaking – before starting the main program the machine sprays on the dishes of water with dissolved detergent and leave to “soak in” for 10 minutes. After this time turn on the standard or intensive mode. This feature allows you to handle even the most stubborn pots and pans.
- Delicate – the perfect “anti-stress” program for glass and delicate dishes.
More advanced models feature automatic program which determines the quantity and degree of contamination of utensils. With this mode the dishwasher itself decides which mode it will do the job well, but the cost of such “smart” machines are usually above the rest.
- Start delay – a handy feature, which also allows you to save: you can collect dishes throughout the day, and to run the car at night.
- Child protection – blocks the control panel from unauthorized adjustments.
- Sound notification at the end of the work when the washing program is finished, the dishwasher will “report” about the done work. Such a function is already familiar, and represented in most types of household appliances: washing machines, microwave and multicookings.
- Protection from leaks – a feature that will protect the equipment and, in fact, the kitchen itself from the flood. At occurrence of infringements in work of the device, the water supply stops and built-in pumps pumping water, not giving her a chance to get out. Usually this process is accompanied by an audible signal or indication at the control panel.
- Partial download – if dirty dishes are not enough to fill the entire dishwasher, and wash her still you need with the flexible half load option the machine is to work only with the upper or lower basket. This will allow you to more intelligently manage resources.
- Function 3-in-1 – this possibility suggests that the dishwasher can work not only with liquid cleaning and caring resources, but also on special tablets that contain everything you need for washing components.
From dishwashers is another undeniable advantage – disinfection of tableware. As the device can reach the temperature of the water to 90-95⁰С, this creates the conditions for the death of most bacteria and microorganisms. So, if you have kids, this is in fact the secondary function can not be superfluous.
The useful volume of the dishwasher is not measured in cubic inches and not even in kilograms utensils, and more abstract term for a set of dishes. The latter implies a full serving set of dishes for one person – about 10 items. It includes three plates (first and second courses plus a bowl), a glass, a Cup and saucer or mug and, of course, a set of Cutlery (spoon, fork and knife).
As in most dishwashers of specially designated pots and pans do not exist in principle, in order to place overall the dishes have to “sacrifice” one or more sets. Therefore, if the family is large and food is cooked daily, it makes sense to choose the bigger model, 10-14 sets. Conversely, for families of 2-3 people, such giants would not be feasible (“chase” half-empty car profitable and economically) and better to pay attention to more compact dishwashers.
What communications will need to work on dishwashing machines? In fact, the dishwasher connects by analogy with a washing machine: it needs connection to water, Sewerage and, of course, to the mains. What connects it with both cold and hot water.
But, in principle, even with the connection to the source of hot water, the dishwasher for some washing programmes still have to heat the water, so often the dishwasher “satisfied” with cold water.
For installing dishwashing machines is better to resort to professional help. It is not excluded that the head of the family with this task to cope on their own, but there is one “but”. If the device was connected with some (even not-so-significant) breaches, in the case of machine failure during the warranty period, You may be denied warranty service.
In this case, the cost of repair will fall on Your shoulders. Is it worth the risk – it’s up, but we would still recommend to be safe.
Energy class. Certainly the classification of appliances according to the amount of energy consumed You know (from G to A+++). Since dishwashers are energy efficient technique, then find a model of lower class And You are unlikely. In order to save is better to choose the dishwasher class A+ or A++, which are in high demand and the market presents a wide range of models.
The flow of water. Whichever dishwasher You choose, it will still consume significantly less water than we consumed when washing dishes by hand. Depending on capacity, the dishwasher should take on average from 7 to 18 liters of water per washing cycle. But what this figure will be lower the less will be the supply.
The level of noise. Built-in appliances, as we have said, usually runs quieter and with low vibration, so a rare “bird” noise level exceeds 50 dB. But the quieter the dishwasher, the better and more comfortable. This is especially important if You have kitchen too “noisy” models can interfere with the rest of the household, in particular if You often operate the device at night.
If you draw a line, then a dishwasher is not a luxury but an effective tool of saving, which takes on a significant part of household chores. Routine washing will not take such a monstrous amount of time and bills for utilities will gradually melt.
However, to completely deprive yourself of “joy” hand-washing, alas, will not work – wood, copper, silver plated and decorated glassware for dishwashers not suitable. This is perhaps its only drawback. But the proportion of such “soft” utensils in daily use are often not large, so in all other cases a dishwasher is very helpful.
Built-in dishwasher with open panel for kitchen the most optimal variant: the device literally in sight, and out of common kitchen ensemble appliance is not distracting. Although the design and installation method is a matter of taste. More important, however, to pay more attention to the functionality and reliability of Your new assistant.
- Top 10 apps for iOS and Android (18-24 September)
- Memory card for smartphone selection criteria
- Rid annoying: how to add number in black list
- The 10 best apps with augmented reality for iOS 11