In recent times virtual reality is a pretty big part of our lives.
Virtual reality glasses for personal computers and smartphones are becoming more accessible, so that everyone can afford to dive into the world of entertainment.
If you’re new to VR-theme, you probably will be confused a huge number on the market of the VR helmets, so in this article we decided to tell you about the best of them.
This helmet compares favorably with competitors in high-quality image transmission, maximum compatibility with VR games and applications perfect precision motion sensors, a rich complete set, easy to connect to computer and other benefits, which should have a top device. Of course, given all of the above, the Oculus Rift may not be cheap, because it is considered one of the best among the VR-device connected to a personal computer.
- + High-quality device expensive VR-segment
- + Partnership with indie developers and renowned studios
- + The ever-growing library of apps
- + The Xbox One controller included
- + Installing and configuring does not take much time
- — Impressive price
- — Required performance
Enthusiasts of PC gaming, who knew words like “modding”, “config” and “command prompt”.
HTC Vive is also a popular virtual reality helmet, and is designed primarily for hardcore gamers. Unlike the Oculus Rift, Vive allows you to experience a more complete immersion in the game. This is achieved thanks to more “advanced” sensors and a special wireless controller that allows to simulate the weapons and other items.
Of course, the HTC Vive is also is not cheap. Like Oculus Rift, it requires a fairly powerful personal computer, in connection with than people choosing the helmet only for VR viewing videos or movies, buy HTC Vive will not be justified.
- + The most technologically advanced VR device
- + Full immersion in virtual reality
- + Unique motion controllers
- + Integration with Steam
- + Vast library of apps than the Oculus Rift
- — The high price
- — To implement all the functionality of the helmet, you need a spacious room
- — The required performance;
- — A lot of wires
- — Quite a complex setup
Wealthy gamers, not cramped housing issue. HTC Vive will allow you to obtain the maximum of all the helmets the effect of VR immersion.
Sony Playstation VR
Helmet Sony, working in conjunction with the PlayStation 4 is worthy alternative to the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift. This device is slightly inferior to competitors in technical terms, but also brings user a lot of emotions. For management games, you can use a DualShock controller or two controllers PS Move (are purchased separately). Even if you have no console, set of PS4, hat, PS Move and PlayStation Camera (for tracking) will cost you much cheaper than expensive PC and, say, the HTC Vive.
Main advantage Sony’s Playstation VR compared to the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift is the user friendliness. The whole process, from unpacking, installing, and finishing with the connection, very simple. With games is also no problem: for Playstation VR, Sony has prepared quite a large number of potential hits. Perhaps the only drawback Sony Playstation VR compared to the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift is the performance and graphics quality. The reason for this situation is simple: the hardware the PS4 is far from top-end computers, even in spite of the optimization.
- + Good balance of price and quality
- + The simplest configuration
- + Great build quality, excellent ergonomics
- + Does not require a lot of space to use.
- — Technically inferior to the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift
- — Requires a PS4 and PlayStation Camera
A wide range of players, the VR helmet is the most versatile device.
Samsung Gear VR
This VR-helmet in the first place should pay attention to the owners of the flagship smartphone Samsung. VR-helmet Samsung Gear VR supports almost all modern smartphones South Korean manufacturer, including models equipped with a port USB Type-C.
Of course, this VR-helmet can not compete in performance with any of the above models, but their tasks to dive into the mobile virtual reality it performs at 100%.
Samsung Gear VR is the perfect helmet for use with the flagship Samsung smartphone.
- + The ideal combination of price and quality
- + Suitable for undemanding games and three-dimensional video
- + Does not require wires.
- — Only works with line of Samsung Galaxy
- — Can’t compare in performance with a full VR helmets
The owners of the flagship models from Samsung, who do not want to spend money on a full VR helmet.
Let’s summarize everything we’ve told you in this article. If all you want from a VR-helmet is a three-dimensional video and a simple game – you can safely stay on the Samsung Gear VR, or its equivalent. For example, for the same $99 that is the helmet from Samsung, you can buy Carl Zeiss VR One, which supports your iOS or Android devices with a screen of 4.7 inches. Chinese options, which the market presented a huge number, would be even cheaper — around $50.
At the same time among VR-helmets high priced, designed for avid gamers, the recommendations are difficult to give. It’s not only that each of the hats is targeted to a different audience and has a different price tag. The main problem is that the really mind-blowing projects, for which not mind a good spend on the VR system, yet very little. However, the number of VR games is constantly growing. This year, the developers promised to provide a lot of game hits, including DOOM and Fallout 4 (for HTC Vive), Resident Evil 7 and Star Wars Battlefront (exclusive for PS VR), and others.
- In the network appeared the film shot entirely on iPhone
- Analysts predict the rapid growth of exchange rate of bitcoin
- The Cabinet has agreed on terms of introduction of 4G networks in Ukraine
- Nokia is planning to release a smartphone on the chipset of Xiaomi Surge S1
- Asus introduced the Zenfone smartphone 4 Max with a battery of 5000 mAh