Amit Fulay responsible for the development of applications and Allo Duo at Google, held a small session of questions and answers in Twitter, which said the situation in the vast ecosystem of the messengers of the company. It happened after the separation of Hangouts on two separate services. Now the company has four programs for communication: Allo Duo for ordinary users, Hangouts Meet and Chat for enterprise.
Currently the old version of Hangouts also continues to exist in the form of mobile and web applications. Meanwhile, a large number of different services not all happy users.
– Why not do Allo and Duo one app?
– Duo we made video calling as simple as voice calls. It is difficult to achieve the same effect by combining these functions in one place.
In the old version of Hangouts to make voice and video calls, and before it was possible to use a mobile app for receiving/sending SMS. Now Google is of the opinion that with SMS you must use a separate staff. Obviously, Google has not yet decided what to do with the current Hangouts app, but history shows that the company easily gets rid of outdated, in its view, products. This is indicated by the distrust of users that are literally covered Fula about the future of the service.
– What will happen with current users Hangouts?
With them nothing will happen.
Recall that the Hangouts API for use in third party programs will cease to work on April 25. How long it will last after this original application is an open question.
- Huawei is developing an affordable smartphone with OLED screen and long battery life
- Samsung believes the fingerprint scan outdated technology
- Samsung Galaxy and Galaxy S8 S8 Plus has shown at many new photos
- Laughs at death and loves girls: the story of the Creator of NieR
- Flexible smartphones may appear in the next year