Analysts Strategy Analytics found that the growth of smart-watches market has virtually stopped. For 2016, the producers put only 21.1 million of such devices, which is only 1.4% higher than in 2015 (20.8 million gadgets).
The leader on the market of “smart” hours remains the company Apple, which by the end of 2016 put 11.6 million Apple Watch, and took 55% of the market. In second place is Samsung with a total of 2.4 million smart watches. It is worth noting that shows these two companies, the results were 12-15% lower than in 2015.
Although not the best results Samsung and Apple in General, the market for smart watches has grown a little bit. According to analysts from Strategy Analytics, this is due to the increased supply of devices from other manufacturers: their sales increased from 4.5 million in 2015 to 7.1 million, and the market share of such companies increased from 21.6% to 33.6%.
- Production of the iPhone in India could begin this summer
- iPhone 6 Plus almost burned the sleeping owner (video)
- Apple overtook Samsung and became the largest smartphone vendor
- In Japan figured out how to shave using an iPhone (6 photos)
- Apple has officially joined the project Partnership on AI