- 1 The contents
- 2 The Foundation of the company. Watch for the Russian Imperial court
- 3 The success of Tissot in Europe
- 4 Association of the holding Swatch Group Ltd
- 5 Rolex and sport
- 6 Review of men’s watches Tissot
- 7 Tissot Le Locle Automatic Petite Seconde
- 8 Tissot Quickster NATO
- 9 Tissot Couturier Quartz
- 10 Browse women’s Tissot
- 11 Tissot Lady Heart Powermatic
- 12 Tissot Equi-T
- 13 The Dressport Tissot
- 14 Interesting facts about the brand
Brand Tissot is among the few watch brands, whose name is known so that needs no introduction. Already half a century the company maintains a reputation for producing exceptionally accurate and excellent timepieces in the world. It’s no joke – even the Royal court of the Russian Empire considered a Tissot worthy of the August rulers, and today they choose well-known businessmen, athletes and politicians.
All produced brand name watches are the standard Swiss timepieces, famous for their conservative, rugged, accurate and prestigious design, and a variety of models will satisfy even the most demanding customers.
Both began their path to the world watch the top most popular Swiss brand? How a small family business the company has grown to a world leader in the manufacture of watches? What issues and with whom to cooperate, the brand today? The answers to these and other questions can be found in our little tour of the 150-year history of the company.
- The Foundation of the company. Watch for the Russian Imperial court
- The success of Tissot in Europe
- Association of the holding Swatch Ltd
- Rolex and sport
- Review of men’s watches Tissot
- Browse women’s Tissot
- Interesting facts about the brand
The Foundation of the company. Watch for the Russian Imperial court
The birth of the Tissot brand is rooted in mid-nineteenth century. July 1, 1853 in the Swiss city of Le Locle collector watch cases Charles-Feliciano Tissot and his son Charles-Emile opened a small workshop chronometric mechanisms. It was called the enterprise spirit of his time — “Charles Tissot and son.”
At first, the future Swiss brand looked modestly and more like a place for artisanal Assembly hours. However, in those days a small company could boast of skilled craftsmen and connoisseurs of horology.
Quickly get popular on their ancestral lands, in 1858, Tissot, Jr. decides to go to Russia to promote their products outside of their native Switzerland. Could it then, Charles-Emile to assume that the watch will make a splash? After only 8 years, in 1866, Tissot achieves the title of supplier of watches to the Russian Imperial family and Royal court.
However, the revolution and the coup has shattered the hopes of the Field, Tissot, grandson of the founder of the brand, strengthening its position in Russia. Paul was forced to close the family business and to go back to Switzerland.
The success of Tissot in Europe
After the absolute victory in the Russian market and based at the Imperial Moscow of its office, the watch manufacturer began to gain popularity throughout Europe and America.
When the manual production of watches ceased to satisfy the increasing demand worldwide, it was decided to transform the workshop into a full-fledged factory with modern (for that time) equipment. Thus, in 1920 and to this day the company is engaged in serial production of chronometers.
Increasing production, the company first faced the problem of realization of its products. Therefore, in 1937, Tissot and Omega decide to join forces and merged into one Corporation, SSIH (Societé Suisse pour l’industrie horlogère).
The merger has enabled both brands to distribute spheres of influence in the market: Tissot left for a mid-price segment, and Omega was engaged in the sale of prestigious and more expensive watches. Over the next 20 years, the Corporation will attach to up to 50 businesses, making it a leader in the Swiss market hours.
Association of the holding Swatch Group Ltd
In 1985, the SSIH Corporation, one of the core members which is almost 50 years old is a rolex, a part of the holding SMH. In the late 90-ies of the last century the holding was renamed as the infamous Swatch Group Ltd, which United under one flag many independent watch manufacturers in different price categories.
Already entered a new Alliance, the company continues to experiment with the materials of the buildings. Thus, in 1985, was presented the first watch made of granite, two years later watch with mother-of-pearl shell, and in 1988 a clock in a wooden “frame”.
Of course, the serial wrist such products did not. But these original developments have entered the name rolex in the world history of watchmaking not only as a top-notch maker of timepieces, but also as an innovator and experimenter.
Rolex and sport
The brand many associated with the sports world. And for good reason. Since the early 30-ies of the last century, the brand was the sponsor and chief timekeeper of a variety of sports competitions. “Baptism of fire” was the sponsorship of the brand in skiing competition held in Switzerland in 1938.
In 1957 Tissot was the official timekeeper for the prestigious tennis Davis Cup and since then bears this proud title, in many sports: Cycling, and car racing, the world Championships in ice hockey, basketball tournaments and Championships in fencing.
The company is also engaged in production of limited series of sports watches. For example, for the Swiss hockey team was released a series of watches oval-T range, which has become a favourite mascot not only for athletes but also for fans of hockey.
By the way, brand Tissot has been designing and producing watches for various sports clubs and associations. As the official supplier of watches manufacturer is cooperating with the International Cycling Union (UCI), the Australian football League (AFL), Chinese basketball Association (CBA), a world Superbike Championship (SBK) and the National basketball Association (NBA).
Review of men’s watches Tissot
Nothing says masculine style like a prestige Swiss watch. A watch can say a lot more about its owner than himself. And, not to be unfounded, we offer you to familiarize yourself with popular models of men watchesthat have conquered the temptations of the heart in more than 150 countries.
Tissot Le Locle Automatic Petite Seconde
Spectacular men’s mechanical watch in a classic style, Le Locle Automatic Petite Seconde combine unparalleled quality of materials, precision clockwork and beautiful design.
The case is made of stainless steel with a Golden finish which is complemented by a black leather strap with embossing. The stylish black dial with Roman numerals displays date and seconds separate. Thanks to the transparent back cover you can partially see the clock mechanism on the back side. Representative watch from the Le Locle is the perfect complement to an aspiring business person.
Tissot Quickster NATO
Watch Tissot Quickster NATO from the T-Sport will appeal to lovers of practicality and minimalism. The silver dial, protected by sapphire crystal, features Arabic numerals and indexes, and the lower part displays the date. Hands with luminescent coating displays the time even under poor lighting conditions.
Steel body got a water resistance of 100 m, this means that Quickster NATO can be worn in the shower or pool. Removable strap is made from durable synthetic material. A feature of the model is the ability to change the straps depending on the look or mood.
Tissot Couturier Quartz
Watch Tissot Couturier Quartz is another representative of the men’s classics. The simplicity of the design is accented by the steel case and solid metal bracelet with butterfly clasp.
Dial with tachymeter scale and silver-tone indices closed sapphire glass and the hands have a reflective coating for night use. Watch Couturier Quartz, as well as Quickster NATO, received the class of water protection 100 meters. Watches this design is truly universal and suitable for any style and men’s image.
Browse women’s Tissot
Feature of women’s timepieces is that they are not only durable reliable watch, but also an elegant accessory that is not subject to time and is always in fashion. What models rolex offers to complement the image of modern women?
Tissot Lady Heart Powermatic
Stylish and feminine watch Tissot Lady Heart Powermatic unlikely to impress any girl. Classic looking model of women’s watches on closer examination takes on a touch of romanticism – instead of the number “12” on the dial there is a window in the shape of a flower, a Flirty opening clockwork.
Original quartz women’s watch Tissot Equi-T with a rectangular dial on the hand look elegant and almost weightless.
The design of the clock is made in the spirit of minimalism on the dial, in addition to brand name, there are only two hands: hour and minute. The stainless steel case combined with a black leather bracelet and a black dial create a simply, yet sophisticated ensemble for a business lady.
The Dressport Tissot
Watch the dressport Tissot represent a real chronograph for the contemporary woman. Despite the large and informative body, model looks elegant thanks to “facilitate” design elements – mother-of-pearl dial and embossed leather white strap.
Interesting facts about the brand
- The first model rolex wristwatch was made in 1915. Prior to this, the company was manufacturing models and pocket watch pendants.
- In 1930 the company developed and released the first ever anti-magnetic watch. Subsequently, this technology was quickly adopted by all manufacturers of watches.
- Tissot has released avant-garde watches in a transparent plastic casing in 1971, which later became a prototype of the model range of Swatch timepieces.
- Swiss watch holding company Swatch Group Ltd is one of the largest in the world. The share of the Corporation account for about 25% of global sales of watches.
- Each rolex timepiece flaunts a modest inscription “Swiss made”, which serves as a guarantee that the watches are made exclusively in Switzerland. According to Swiss law, the product cannot obtain such labeling, even if a part was manufactured outside of Switzerland.
- Tissot is one of the few modern brands that still deals with production of pocket watches.
- Confidence in the quality of their watches the company supports international warranty which is 24 months and is available in any country where there is a representation of the brand.
- The Tissot business can rightly be called a family. The management of the company passed from father to son, and family, where each member showed responsibility and dedication to the family business, almost all the staff has always been involved in the management and development of the company.
- Rolex timepieces can often be found in the movie. One of the most popular films, where the “lit up” watch brand “Mr. and Mrs. Smith”.
- According to statistics, about half of the residents are Swiss wrist watch brand Tissot.
- TOP 3 ways to bypass the blocking of websites!
- Uber has launched Uber for Freight freight
- Netflix filmed the episode of the universe “the Witcher”
- Facebook fined $120 million for defrauding a WhatsApp
- How to configure mail access Mail.ru and Yandex, through Gmail