Uber organization specializing in the provision of “taxi” on online orders, has announced its intention to present its working model of a flying taxi in the framework of the exhibition World Expo 2020 in Dubai. Development will make the American company Aurora Flight Sciences, which for the Agency DARPA is developing an experimental plane VTOL X-Plane with vertical takeoff and landing. There are suggestions that for a future air vehicle, uses technology taken from other projects Aurora.
Reduced prototype model eVTOL successfully tested on April 20. In the car involved eight horizontally-oriented screws for vertical takeoff and landing. Whether this option is taken as the basis for air taxis, Uber, is unknown. The company’s management believes that the creation of electric aerial automotive industry is the most logical, correct and promising path of development for them.
- The Japanese invented tires that don’t need to pump up (4 pics)
- AeroMobil flying car will cost 1.2 million euros (18 photos + video)
- Presented a hybrid of e-books and the connected keypad (4 photo + 2 video)
- The skyscraper of the future will print the apartment immediately after the purchase (5 photos)
- A device for obtaining water from dry air (4 pics + video)