Developers flagship smartphones again have something to think about: a group of American experts from universities in new York and Michigan created the image of the fingerprint that can fool any gadget and to access confidential information. In practice, vulnerability in this direction reaches 15%, that is, the issue of cybersecurity is more than ever.
When you create a generic drawing of a hacker used the characteristics of the fingerprints of eight hundred people, United in one image. As a result, it turned out compatible with biometric data of any random person. The probability of a match varies from 25% to 65%. As the experiment showed, the majority of scanners installed on smartphones, tablets and other electronics, it will be recognized as the fingerprint of the owner, but because the figure easily identify.
Of course, powerless in the face of highly sensitive sensors used in major security systems. At the same time, the area of scanners, working on the principle of TouchID, so small that the sensors see only a fragment of the imprint, so to fool the device at the Amateur level is very simple.
- NASA clean space with foliate cleaner
- Soon the display can recognize finger prints (3 photos)
- Shooting robot Feodor with two hands captured on video
- Customers receive a compact Light L16 to 16 cameras this summer (8 photos + video)
- Japanese team in volleyball are now training robots (video)