Joint development engineering services companies Microsoft, Disney and Adobe is a device Lightform, which allows you within minutes to change the look of any room or the specific local part. The principle of operation of the prototype is presented in the preliminary scan using a volumetric scanner, the same MicrosoftKinect. The scanner is mounted on the projector that creates the conditions to make the volume and the virtual AR of the projection in rooms of various configurations.
Easy-to-use, compact device will be able in less than a minute to drastically transform any room and give it an original design. In addition to decorative functions Lightform can perform many practical tasks, for example as a demonstration and educational devices to transform the room into a planetarium. The sharing of information in the local area will allow the owners of the cafe in its original form to present menus to their visitors.
Lightform compact device can easily fit in any interior. The developers note that Lightform will be sold at a price less than the cost of most laptops. At the moment there is a formation of a package of orders for the first batch of devices.
- Universal Connect Home combines the management of the Internet of things and Wi-Fi (6 photos)
- Samsung DeX — a docking station that turns your smartphone into a desktop PC (13 photos + video)
- Sales of Samsung Gear VR with controller will start in April (12 photos + video)
- Gear 360 is redesigned and new (12 photos + video)
- The astronauts under the hood of robotic spies NASA? (5 photos + video)