The city authorities of the Chinese city of Xiangyang tested a new way to clean the power lines (PTL) from debris. This is generally manually engaged employees of energy companies who are to carry out their work requires the use of a telescopic aerial platform with a cradle. This process is not fast, because each new place piles of garbage have re-discovered the technique stops and carefully lift the platform with people. The new method involves the use of a modified oktokopter DJI S1000+, equipped with a flamethrower.
Involved in testing the drone has sufficient capacity that allows it to levitate up to 11 kg of fuel. But how successful was the testing of the new method and whether the line is under tension, not reported. It is also not clear how it is intended to protect the UAV from electromagnetic radiation when working on high voltage power lines.
- Working on improvised out of cardboard (video)
- Passenger quadcopter out of the garage (2 videos)
- In Project Loon to change the strategy of covering the Earth’s Internet balloons (video)
- The projector, teaching children drawing and writing (8 photos + video)
- The Netherlands adopt the German way of dealing with gagloshvili on the road (3 photos)