Apple CEO Tim Cook met with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin at the company’s brand new campus, Apple Park, as mentioned in the tweet Mnuchin posted.
Mnuchin thanked Cook in the tweet, for committing to invest $350 billion into the U.S. earlier this year. Apple says it will be investing that much over the next five years, with a new fourth campus on the way and will be hiring over 20,000 new employees. The company also said it will be investing $55 billion to the economy in 2018.
Mnuchin’s visit to Apple Park is several days after Cook was spotted at Capitol Hill, meeting with senators Mark Warren and Richard Burr.
- Connected health accessory maker iHealthLabs suffers minor data breach
- eGPU progress report: macOS 10.13.4 beta 5 continues adding polish and stability
- Overcast podcast app adds new ‘Smart Resume’ feature & more
- MoviePass CEO totally backtracks previous comments about tracking you after you leave the theater
- Apple Pay adds over 20 more banks and credit unions in the US