Today, Apple took the stage in Brooklyn to unveil a host of new products including a refreshed MacBook Air and iPad Pro. Pre-orders went up at the online Apple Store this afternoon with delivery slated for November 7th. Now, third-party retailers like B&H are beginning to show listings as well with the potential for tax breaks in some states. More below.
While Congress did enact new guidelines on the state level for taxes this year, that change has not yet gone into effect in all locations. Of course, if you are privy to a tax-free pre-order, it’s very important to remember that this amount is still due come April. It’s just a helpful way to save now if you need the break. B&H provides a nifty little alert at the top of each listing if you’re tax-free at the time of purchase.
B&H has now listed most of today’s announcements on its site, with delivery around November 7th. Some iPad Pro models are not yet showing up but you do have the chance to be alerted when stock is available. Another third-party retailer MacMall is also expected to have listings up today alongside Best Buy.
Pre-orders at B&H include:
- MacBook Air i5/8GB/128GB: $1,199
If you’re picking up a new MacBook Air today, consider grabbing a sleeve or backpack to keep it safe while on-the-go. You’ll also need a USB-C hub for those legacy devices. We recommend this option from Anker that includes 4K output, Ethernet and three USB-A ports.
- Mac mini: 3.6GHz/8GB/128GB: $799
- 11-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 64GB: $799
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 64GB: $999
- Apple Pencil 2nd Gen.: $129
- Protect yourself online w/ top-rated VPN services from $19: NordVPN, Private Internet, more
- B&H Shop and Save Early event delivers up to $900 off MacBooks, Apple accessories, more
- PSA: Group FaceTime video calls not supported on select older iPhones & iPads
- First iPhone XR teardown hits YouTube as iFixit starts digging in
- Apple adds Billy Crudup and Gugu Mbatha-Raw to its upcoming TV drama led by Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon