The scientific staff of the Massachusetts Institute of technology have demonstrated three prototypes of soft robots of transparent hydrogel with hydraulic actuators, which work much faster than osmotic. All three can be used in any field. Traditionally, the developers of the soft robots are guided to their use in medicine, but researchers at MIT have shown other possible fields of application. For example, one robot can become a successful fisherman is invisible, the other is the follower balls and the third one is an invisible observer locations.
Hydraulic actuators are driven by a pump pumping water into the cavity of the soft robot. Shows the prototypes withstood a thousand cycles, and the time of the collapse actuator to the ring only took 1 second. For comparison, osmotic actuators of the hydrogel are much slower and in the same operation they would need 20 hours.
- At MIT, taught a smart watch to recognize people's emotions (video)
- Cargo robot gingerbread man he followed the owner (13 photos + video)
- Camera Nurugo SmartUV show invisible (7 photos + video)
- Electric Air Duster — "eternal" spray to clean equipment (8 photos + video)
- Smart mirror with the possibilities of the tablet (21 photos + video)