Popular third-party navigation app Waze has been updated with some notable interface tweaks today. The update brings the app to version 4.35 and features a redesigned ETA screen, making it easier to see traffic information before you leave…
Sylvania HomeKit Light Strip
The redesigned ETA screen makes it easy to see when you have to leave to arrive to your destination by a certain time. As you can seen in the screenshot about, you simply scroll though a list of times and Waze estimates the traffic at that time and how your ETA will be affected.
If you choose to schedule your drive using the ETA feature, Waze will send you a notification when it’s about time to leave.
In addition to the new ETA screen, the update also includes bug fixes and performance improvements:
Check out what’s new in Waze:
- Redesigned ETA screen – see a traffic forecast for your destination before you start driving
- Minor bug fixes
Waze is a popular alternative to Apple Maps and Google Maps thanks to its crowd sourced information such as accidents and police along your route, though it still lacks some features such as lane guidance. Waze is a free download on the App Store.
- Microsoft’s latest iOS accessibility app gives directions via 3D audio to those with vision impairments, recommends AirPods [Video]
- Major US carriers working together on next-gen ‘mobile authentication platform’ to replace weak SMS system
- Collector attempting to get non-functional Apple I working after first building a replica
- AT&T offers free DirecTV Now, internet, and BOGO iPhone X in select cities w/ new plans
- Warren Buffett praises Apple’s ‘locked in’ ecosystem, but confirms he still uses a flip phone