Is that a new iPod?! Nope! It’s the new Apple Watch in its coolest, old-schoolest external case yet! Joyce Kang and C.O Design Lab’s Pod Case gives the Apple Watch a much-needed history lesson, introducing it to the ancestor that started the Apple craze. The watch’s screen roughly matches the screen size found in classic iPod Nanos, while its body is only a slight bit thicker. The Pod Case, made in silicone, slides right over the Apple Watch body, giving it a funky throwback, while also letting you use the watch as-is.
Obviously, the jog-wheel on the front is a dummy one (although it could work if it connected via Bluetooth), but the watch can easily be navigated using the touch-screen. Besides, this one comes with heavy-duty speakers of its own too!
Designers: Joyce Kang & C.O Design Lab
This article was sent to us using the ‘Submit A Design’ feature.
We encourage designers/students/studios to send in their projects to be featured on Yanko Design!
- Pokemon Go creators delay Harry Potter: Wizards Unite game launch until 2019
- Apple begins selling refurb HomePods for $299, but better deals await on Black Friday
- Latest ‘Apple News Exclusive’ shares excerpt from former First Lady Michelle Obama’s upcoming memoir
- Sam’s Club annual 1-day sale delivers deals on AirPods, iPad Pro, TVs, and much more
- Get 15% off premium leather iPhone XR, XS and XS Max cases w/ optional laser engraving from Alto