Canadian airport is guarded by a robot Falcon (5 photo + 2 video)
At the airport must be order, to keep the pilots safely take off and land airplanes. But birds hard to explain the rules. Therefore, in certain areas is the protection from birds, for example, use laser system that emits deterrent sounds, even trained falcons to disperse the “offenders”. In the airport of Edmonton decided to use a modern experience. Here’s airspace from unwanted feathered guests is guarded by robotic falcons Robird. They can reach speeds up to 80 km/h and are controlled by special equipment.
Assistants for the canadian airport was developed in the Dutch University. Robotic Falcon very similar to the original bird. Engineers repeated the color and shape of the feathered predatory, the robot has the same wingspan that mimics the flight of a real hawk. The tests showed that birds avoid contact with the Robird. This means that developers coped with the task at 100%. The new product initially created for use in agriculture and offer to supply Robird to the airport Tent became the company Clear Flight Solutions an unexpected but very pleasant news.
- Exciting video of Jupiter (3 photos + video)
- Unmanned marsolet from ESA (2 photos)
- AI and drones protect African animals from poachers (video)
- Transformation of a star into a black hole captured “live” (video)
- Shows a Stratolaunch plane for orbital launches (7 photos)
- AI reveals distracted students (video)