In a joint project, carmaker Ford and the company Ekso Bionics (CA), developed an exoskeleton EksoVest. Currently, the device passes the test on Ford’s Assembly lines in the United States.
The main goal of the exoskeleton is to prevent injuries and keep employees. The total mass of 4.3 kg. EksoVest device provides a lifting force from 2.3 to 6.8 kg, depending on needs, a custom carrier.
Many of the operations performed on the Assembly line, associated with multiple lifting hands above the head for process manipulation. By the end of shift workers accumulated fatigue, reduced motor coordination, which can lead to injury in the workplace. The exoskeleton EksoVest made vest and is designed for people with a height from 152 cm to 193 cm the Device is fully Autonomous and does not require batteries and cables for power. When lifting the hands to the chest level trigger air springs lend extra lift to facilitate the use of tools.
The exoskeleton can also be used when performing loading and unloading operations in warehouses, construction sites, in supermarkets. Hard and monotonous repetitive work with a device EksoVest will be easier and less traumatic.
- Cloudflare encrypts the data with lava lamps (3 photos + video)
- Apple will raise the quality of iPhone cameras to the professional level (2 photo + 2 video)
- Kim Kardashian introduced the analogue of Shazam to search for clothing (3 photos)
- By 2020 Scotland will fully switch to renewable energy
- Clothing of double-sided fabric will warm and cool (4 photos)