Analysts from Power Compare has compiled a map of the world, taking into account the consumption of cryptoform. It turned out that the production of bitcoins takes more energy than you expend 159 countries of the world (not together, separately) or 20 European countries. Among them North Korea, the Baltic republics, Ireland, the Balkans, Iceland, Ecuador, Puerto Rico. They are marked on the map in orange.
For example, in Africa only three countries consume more electric power than required by voracious mining: Egypt, South Africa and Algeria.
If bitcoin had its own state, that on current volumes the overall consumption of resources it would have occupied the 61st place in the world (a couple of months ago he was assigned to 81st place in the rating). In digital terms, this is 29.05 TWh per year, or 0.13% of all global energy consumption and in monetary terms — 1.5 billion. The problem lies not only in the total volume of consumption, but also in the rapid growth of cryptoform. Only last month they became 30% more.
Source: Power Compare
- Likes on Facebook will tell everything about You
- Transforming bag office laptop (9 photos + video)
- Facebook and Airbus join forces for the development of “flying routers”
- In the running game Microsoft Surface Book 2 is not able to charge the battery
- Freelancers will offer to pay taxes under the simplified scheme and online