Fans React to ‘The Walking Dead’ With Flood of Crying Emojis
SPOILER ALERT: This post contains spoilers from the Season 8 midseason premiere of The Walking Dead titled “Honor.” Proceed with caution.
As predicted, Carl Grimes died on Sunday’s midseason premiere The Walking Dead.
Actor Chandler Riggs, who has been with the show since he was just 10-years-old, turned in a memorable final performance. His character — who was dying from a walker bite — said emotional farewells to his father Rick, Michonne, his “best friend” Michonne, and his sister Judith.
Carl decided to shoot himself in the head (like Andrea) rather than reanimating. Rick and Michonne waited outside, and both flinched when the silencer went off, knowing he was dead. Together, they buried him in the Alexandria graveyard.
Fans mourned the death of Carl, although some said it was a long time coming.
Riggs’ castmates paid tribute to him during the Talking Dead aftershow. Prior to the episode, Andrew Lincoln tweeted a special song for his on-screen son.
Read some of the emotional fan reactions to Carl’s death, below:
Others took the moment to bring up popular Carl memes one last time.
Lawrence is Editor in Chief of FANDOM. He grew up loving X-Men, Transformers, and Japanese-style role playing games like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. First-person shooters make him incredibly nauseous.
- ‘The Walking Dead’: Morgan’s Brutality Is the Other Midseason Shocker
- Hands On With The Samsung Galaxy S9 – MWC 2018
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Midseason Premiere: Carl’s Fate Revealed
- Hands On With The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus – MWC 2018
- Best Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus Accessories – February 2018
- Galaxy S9 vs iPhone X: Has Samsung done enough?