The advent of LED highway and street lights has come a long way to reduce energy consumption but what more can we do to decrease our collective usage? Designer Hyun Yeol Shin explores this question with his radical lighting design called the Smart Express Light.
Each unit operates autonomously and as part of the greater system. Ideal for high speed expressways in open areas, each post features an integrated turbine pole that harvests wind energy in order to power itself. The entire system is connected to a sensor that detects motion. They stay in off mode when the expressway is empty and are only activated when a car approaches. Paired with the innovative turbine system, this goes a long way to create and save renewable energy and prevent light pollution so we get our night sky back!
Designer: Hyun Yeol Shin
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: 5 Games to Check Out If You Loved the Sequel
- Has ‘For Honor’ Been Saved by Dedicated Servers?
- The Most Useful ‘Subnautica’ Debug Console Commands
- GearBest Deal: Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum For $316.99 W/Coupon
- We Need to Talk About Jadis’ Artwork in ‘The Walking Dead’