The Wheelchair Has Been Stylishly Re-Invented
For some individuals, a wheelchair is their primary mode of transportation, and as well as enabling them to get from point A to point B, it introduces an unparalleled element of freedom into their lives. But current electronic wheelchairs do bring with them a series of downfalls, their bulky, cumbersome size and the undesirable aesthetic being two of the main ones. Kwanjun Ryu set out to create a solution to these issues, and the solution came in the form of the Model F.
The Model F is like no other. It carries an aesthetic that puts all other electric wheelchairs to shame, from its organic curves that flow elegantly, to the futuristic Omni wheels that give it a strong presence. Its sleek, attention-stealing aesthetics are also immensely practical, elevating its day-to-day usability greatly; in just a few simple steps the robust wheelchair smoothly transforms into a transportable, aircraft-friendly, compact package that is a far more practical alternative to the conventional wheelchair.
Designer: Kwanjun Ryu
1. The speed can be adjusted in three steps. The direction joystick is on the right armrest. Press and hold joystick to turn the device on or off. The horn button is located in side of left armrest.
2. Press the buttons on the left and right armrests to adjust the height of the armrests. Unscrew the bolt located on the Back side, and slide up or down for adjust backrest.
3. Pull the lever to turn the seat. This feature makes it easy for people with disabilities to sit.
4. Thanks to Omni wheel, 45% less radius of rotation than the device with the steering wheel. New dual Omni wheel design is easier to assemble and easier to manage than original Omni wheels.
5. You can remove the external battery. WHILL which has removed battery has no problem when boarding an aircraft. Locked batteries can be released to the key. Press the button to see the remaining battery level.
6. Pull the lever to fold the seat. Because the frame and the seat are connected with belt, the seat is always horizontal. This allows the user to fold the wheelchair easily.
7. Push the lever under the seat to separate the seat from the frame. When loading in a narrow space, disassemble the product and store it. Assembly is a reverse procedure to disassembly. Seats and frames are connected to Pogo Pin.