Almost a year has passed since the announcement of Microsoft and Qualcomm on the beginning of joint activities aimed at the development of Windows 10 for Snapdragon chips. The last message made in Hong Kong, a Microsoft Manager Pete Bernard (Pete Bernard), suggests that cooperation is already yielding tangible results — standalone operation under Windows 10 laptops equipped with ARM processors, is about two days.
According to the statement of the top Manager of Microsoft, the main task of developers was to achieve the most energy efficient laptop computers by optimizing operating system for mobile Snapdragon chips to achieve maximum autonomy on a single charge of the battery. As a result of joint activities the two companies have already created prototypes of notebooks with ARM processors, capable to work without charging for 48 hours. By the end of this year, Microsoft plans to start supplying to the market the first serial laptops running on a mobile processor Qualcomm. Among the manufacturers producing the new products will be HP, Lenovo and Asus.
Source: Trusted Reviews
- HP ZBook x2 — heavy duty portable work station for artists (19 photos + 2 videos)
- The first devices running Windows 10 on ARM will get a good battery life
- Released update Fall Creators Update for Windows 10 (video 2)
- Microsoft presented the second generation of Surface Book (30 photos + 3 videos)
- Windows 10 with Fluent Design takes on a stylish new interface (video)