AMD Ryzen Threadripper — main competitors Intel Core i9 (5 photos)
Immediately following the presentation of its top-end Intel Core i9 main competitor Intel, company AMD announced a line of high-performance processors Ryzen Threadripper, built-in table platform X399. Processors Threadripper presented in two modifications: with 12 and 16 cores should compete with its main rival from Intel – the Intel Core i9, a premium model is equipped with 18 cores.
Chipsets platform X399 have the ability to process data with the use of lot streaming technology Simultaneous Multi-threading, a 4-channel memory controller DDR4 controller and interface on 64 lines, 4 of which are used to support communications via a base set of ports, and 60 lines remain to work with graphics cards, SSDS and other devices (Intel Core i9 for these purposes remains only 44 lines). To demonstrate the capabilities of the processor used was a fantastic game – Prey in the resolution To 4 at maximum settings.
AMD representatives also spoke about the upcoming June 20 the beginning of the implementation of the server processor Epyc, having 32 cores, 8-channel memory controller DDR4 and 128 lines PCI Express 3.0.
- 18-Core Intel Core i9 will cost $1 999 (4 photos)
- Intel has introduced a new line of processors Core X
- Shows the first PC on the Russian processor “Elbrus 8S” (3 photos)
- AMD has introduced a 16-core processor Ryzen Threadripper
- Microsoft introduced two models of mixed-reality headsets
- Qualcomm introduced the Snapdragon processors 630 and 660